HK Electric Investments is the first fixed single investment trust listed in Hong Kong with a focus on the power industry. Our principal operating subsidiary, The Hongkong Electric Company, Limited (HK Electric), commenced operations in 1890 and is one of the longest-established utility companies in the world.
Over our long history, we have consistently supported Hong Kong's economic journey by offering safe, reliable and affordable electricity while minimising the impact of our operations on the environment as we strive to deliver sustainable growth in long-term value to our investors.
HK Electric Investments believes that open and on-going communication with our stakeholders is central to our operation and development. We engage different stakeholders through a variety of channels and stakeholder suggestions and feedback are highly valued in our decision making process as we strive for continuous improvements.
Underpinned by its core value of "Pursuit of Excellence", HK Electric is committed to delivering excellent services and supply reliability to our customers. We have been providing a world-class supply reliability of over 99.999% since 1997 and all our service standards are achieved or even surpassed every year.
To satisfy the aspirations from the community, and in support of Government’s energy and environmental policy objectives, HK Electric has launched a suite of "Smart Power Services".
HK Electric is one of the longest-established power companies in the world. The Company has a world-class record of providing a highly reliable electricity supply to Hong Kong and Lamma islands at a reasonable and affordable price.
HK Electric Investments is committed to meeting the long-term energy needs and supporting the sustainable development of the community we serve. To do this, we focus not only on powering Hong Kong with a world-class electricity supply, but also on the way we deliver it and the impacts it has on the environment.
HK Electric aspires to be an employer of choice. We have policies and systems in place to attract talents and through continuous training and development, nurture them for a fulfilling career. We offer competitive remuneration, an ideal workplace and comprehensive wellness programmes for our employees while maintaining regular and open dialogues with them.
In response to the latest developments of the pandemic situation of COVID-19, and to minimise the risk of the virus spreading in the community, HK Electric will introduce the following special arrangements effective 29 July (Wednesday), until further notice:
• Customer Centre (Electric Centre, North Point) will be temporarily closed until further notice
• For assistance, customers can reach us via Customer Service Hotline 2887 3411 or
• Access our corporate website www.hkelectric.com and handle electricity account matters through e-services
Customer Service Hotline
• The Customer Service Hotline on 2887 3411 will operate from 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday as usual
• The Customer Emergency Services Hotline on 2555 4000 will operate 24 hours a day as usual
Meter Reading and Bill Delivery
• We strive to maintain meter reading and bill delivery services normal as usual, subject to the situation of COVID-19
• Meter reading on site is no longer necessary for some of the locations where smart meters have been installed and activated. In addition, we have ceased sending meter readers to take readings at buildings with confirmed/suspected cases recently, and also those high risk locations. Customers receiving estimated bills will have adjustments made later to reflect the actual consumption once the full meter reading service resumes
• Customers can check billing and account information via the Account-On-Line" (AOL) service anytime, anywhere. Simply scan the "e-Bill Registration" QR code on the electricity bill and take a few steps to register e-bill via the AOL service
Taking this opportunity, HK Electric appeals to customers to go digital with their billing matters, by subscribing to a host of e-services, e-bill and e-payment. We will continue to keep track of the latest developments and regularly review our customer services as we ask for customers’ kind understanding during this period.