HK Electric Investments is the first fixed single investment trust listed in Hong Kong with a focus on the power industry. Our principal operating subsidiary, The Hongkong Electric Company, Limited (HK Electric), commenced operations in 1890 and is one of the longest-established utility companies in the world.
Over our long history, we have consistently supported Hong Kong's economic journey by offering safe, reliable and affordable electricity while minimising the impact of our operations on the environment as we strive to deliver sustainable growth in long-term value to our investors.
HK Electric Investments believes that open and on-going communication with our stakeholders is central to our operation and development. We engage different stakeholders through a variety of channels and stakeholder suggestions and feedback are highly valued in our decision making process as we strive for continuous improvements.
Underpinned by its core value of "Pursuit of Excellence", HK Electric is committed to delivering excellent services and supply reliability to our customers. We have been providing a world-class supply reliability of over 99.999% since 1997 and all our service standards are achieved or even surpassed every year.
To satisfy the aspirations from the community, and in support of Government’s energy and environmental policy objectives, HK Electric has launched a suite of "Smart Power Services".
HK Electric is one of the longest-established power companies in the world. The Company has a world-class record of providing a highly reliable electricity supply to Hong Kong and Lamma islands at a reasonable and affordable price.
HK Electric Investments is committed to meeting the long-term energy needs and supporting the sustainable development of the community we serve. To do this, we focus not only on powering Hong Kong with a world-class electricity supply, but also on the way we deliver it and the impacts it has on the environment.
HK Electric aspires to be an employer of choice. We have policies and systems in place to attract talents and through continuous training and development, nurture them for a fulfilling career. We offer competitive remuneration, an ideal workplace and comprehensive wellness programmes for our employees while maintaining regular and open dialogues with them.
1. The Residential Tariff applies to residential customers where electricity is used solely for residential purposes.
2. This Tariff is based on monthly meter readings. "Month" means a period of approximately one month between one normal meter-reading and the next.
3. This Tariff will be the aggregate of the following items:
(i) Basic Charge
Consumption (In Blocks)
For each of the first 150 units
For each of the next
150 units (151 - 300)
200 units (301 - 500)
200 units (501 - 700)
300 units (701 - 1,000)
500 units (1,001 - 1,500)
From 1,501 units and above
If the consumption period covered is less than a month, the following charges will be made:- If the period exceeds 15 days, the above Block Rate Tariff Table will apply.- If the period is 15 days or less, the units will be charged in blocks at half the size of the blocks in the above Block Rate Tariff Table.
(ii) Fuel Clause Charge (FCC)
(iii) Special Rebate
4. The Minimum Charge per bill is $17.8.
5. Super Saver Discount - Customers with consumption not more than 100 units in a month are entitled to receive 5% discount.
6. Customers under Concessionary Tariff Scheme for the Elderly / Disabled / Single-Parent Families / Unemployed are entitled to receive 60% discount for the first 200 units of electricity consumed in a month plus the exemption of the payment of deposit and Minimum Charge. The "Super Saver Discount" is also applicable to customers under the Concessionary Tariff Scheme.
7. "Unit" means one kilowatt hour of electricity.
8. Relief and subsidy provided by the Government:(i) Electricity Charges Relief Scheme - $50 per month(ii) Electricity Charges Subsidy Scheme - $80 per month between June 2021 and April 2022, $120 for May 2022 with total of $1,000 - $80 per month between June 2022 and April 2023, $120 for May 2023 with total of $1,000 (new)
Effective Date: 1st January 2022
Tariff Calculator (Residential)
Tariff Calculator (Concessionary)