HK Electric Investments is the first fixed single investment trust listed in Hong Kong with a focus on the power industry. Our principal operating subsidiary, The Hongkong Electric Company, Limited (HK Electric), commenced operations in 1890 and is one of the longest-established utility companies in the world.
Over our long history, we have consistently supported Hong Kong's economic journey by offering safe, reliable and affordable electricity while minimising the impact of our operations on the environment as we strive to deliver sustainable growth in long-term value to our investors.
HK Electric Investments believes that open and on-going communication with our stakeholders is central to our operation and development. We engage different stakeholders through a variety of channels and stakeholder suggestions and feedback are highly valued in our decision making process as we strive for continuous improvements.
Underpinned by its core value of "Pursuit of Excellence", HK Electric is committed to delivering excellent services and supply reliability to our customers. We have been providing a world-class supply reliability of over 99.999% since 1997 and all our service standards are achieved or even surpassed every year.
To satisfy the aspirations from the community, and in support of Government’s energy and environmental policy objectives, HK Electric has launched a suite of "Smart Power Services".
HK Electric is one of the longest-established power companies in the world. The Company has a world-class record of providing a highly reliable electricity supply to Hong Kong and Lamma islands at a reasonable and affordable price.
HK Electric Investments is committed to meeting the long-term energy needs and supporting the sustainable development of the community we serve. To do this, we focus not only on powering Hong Kong with a world-class electricity supply, but also on the way we deliver it and the impacts it has on the environment.
HK Electric aspires to be an employer of choice. We have policies and systems in place to attract talents and through continuous training and development, nurture them for a fulfilling career. We offer competitive remuneration, an ideal workplace and comprehensive wellness programmes for our employees while maintaining regular and open dialogues with them.
Customers can now enjoy the convenience of viewing their bill balance and settling the charges via 'AlipayHK'.
To help customers better manage their bills, AlipayHK will generate a monthly payment reminder for HK Electric customers who successfully register with AlipayHK. Simply by clicking the reminder will direct customers to view the bill balance on HK Electric website, giving them the convenience to make prompt payment.
(To understand more about "How to Top-up" or "Link with your credit card(s) with AlipayHK")
Customers are required to download the 'AlipayHK' App. Please follow the instructions to login AlipayHK or to register an AlipayHK account.
Link up HK Electric account
(1) Login AlipayHK, tap "Bill payment" on the
main screen.(2) Tap "Utilities" from the "Merchants"; then select "HK Electric". Enter the electricity account number and the name of registered user, tap "Next" to proceed.
View Bill Balance and Pay Bill
(3) Once the electricity account is linked, customers can check the latest electricity bill status from AlipayHK. If the bill status shows "New bill", tap "Pay Now" to view the bill balance and pay the bill.(4) Tap "Pay Now" to pay the bill balance either by a linked credit card or the balance in your e-wallet.(5) The selected payment method and the payment amount are shown on the payment details page. Tap "Pay Now" to proceed.
(6) Enter the payment password to complete the payment process.(7) If the payment is successful, tap "Completed" to proceed.(8) Payment is completed.
Check Payment Record
(9) Login AlipayHK, tap "Bill payment" on the main screen. Tap "Payment record" at the bottom of the page to check the payment record to the electricity account.
Auto Debit Authorization
(1) Once the electricity account is linked, tap "Enable Auto Debit"; or return to "My Bills" and proceed to "Activate Auto Debit" under the "Billing settings".
(2) Activate the auto debit authorization by selecting the default payment method and setting the transaction limit. Tap "Confirm" and enter the payment password to proceed. (3) Once the auto debit authorization is completed, a confirmation page will be displayed.
(4) The bill status will display "Auto Debit Activated". The billing amount will be debited automatically via AlipayHK on the Autopay Due Date as indicated on the electricity bill. Customers will also receive a SMS notification after the amount is debited.
(1) Login AlipayHK, tap "Bill payment" on the main screen.(2) Tap "Utilities" from the "Merchants"; then select "HK Electric". Enter the electricity account number and the name of registered user, tap "Next" to proceed.
(3) Tap "Pay Now" to pay the bill balance either by a linked credit card or the balance in your e-wallet.(4) The selected payment method and the payment amount are shown on the payment details page. Tap "Pay Now" to proceed.(5) Payment is completed.
For any enquiries in relation to AlipayHK App and its services or offers, please call the AlipayHK customer service hotline at 2245 3201.