HK Electric Investments is the first fixed single investment trust listed in Hong Kong with a focus on the power industry. Our principal operating subsidiary, The Hongkong Electric Company, Limited (HK Electric), commenced operations in 1890 and is one of the longest-established utility companies in the world.
Over our long history, we have consistently supported Hong Kong's economic journey by offering safe, reliable and affordable electricity while minimising the impact of our operations on the environment as we strive to deliver sustainable growth in long-term value to our investors.
HK Electric Investments believes that open and on-going communication with our stakeholders is central to our operation and development. We engage different stakeholders through a variety of channels and stakeholder suggestions and feedback are highly valued in our decision making process as we strive for continuous improvements.
Underpinned by its core value of "Pursuit of Excellence", HK Electric is committed to delivering excellent services and supply reliability to our customers. We have been providing a world-class supply reliability of over 99.999% since 1997 and all our service standards are achieved or even surpassed every year.
As modern families aspire to an eco-friendly lifestyle, HK Electric promises its customers a green and comfortable way of life made possible by the use of electric appliances.
HK Electric is one of the longest-established power companies in the world. The Company has a world-class record of providing a highly reliable electricity supply to Hong Kong and Lamma islands at a reasonable and affordable price.
HK Electric has been the power behind Hong Kong for more than 120 years, having established a long and fruitful partnership with the community. While our prime mission is to provide a world-class electricity supply, we focus not only on the results, but also on the way we deliver them.
HK Electric aspires to be an employer of choice. We have policies and systems in place to attract talents and through continuous training and development, nurture them for a fulfilling career. We offer competitive remuneration, an ideal workplace and comprehensive wellness programmes for our employees while maintaining regular and open dialogues with them.
1. The Non-Residential Tariff applies where the consumption is not solely for residential purposes.
2. This Tariff is based on monthly meter readings. "Month" means a period of approximately one month between one normal meter-reading and the next.
3. This Tariff will be the aggregate of the following items:
a) Basic Charge
Consumption (In Blocks)
For each of the first 500 units
For each of the next
1,000 units (501 - 1,500)
18,500 units (1,501 - 20,000)
From 20,001 units and above
If the consumption period covered is less than a month, the following charges will be made:
(i) If the period exceeds 15 days, the above Block Rate Tariff Table will apply.(ii) If the period is 15 days or less, the units will be charged in blocks at half the size of the blocks in the above Block Rate Tariff Table.
b) Fuel Clause Charge (FCC)
c) Special Rent & Rates Rebate
4. The Minimum Charge per bill is $36.9.
5. "Unit" means kilowatt hour.
6. Around 70,000 accounts under Non-Residential Tariff with low consumption in 2019 have had the tariff increase of 6.3 cents per unit for 2020 waived between January and June 2020.
7. All eligible accounts under Non-Residential Tariff registered and effective as at 4 December 2019 will be provided with an electricity charges subsidy by the Government to cover 75% of their billed electricity charges for consumption in the period of 1 March to 31 October 2020, subject to a cap of $5,000 per account per month. For details, please visit www.enb.gov.hk (please click here) or www.hkelectric.com (please click here).
Effective Date: 1st July 2020
Tariff Calculator (Non-Residential)